- Location: Guadalajara, México
- Constructor: GCX
- Finishes: Alica.
- Plot: 525 m2
- Electric: Incoesa.
- Project Area: 1 ,320 m2
- Year: 201 4
- Hydraulics: MMH Hidrosanitaria.
- Design team: Carlos Ruiz Palomino (project manager), Roberto Soltero.
- Photographs: J aime Navarro, Alvaro Moragrega.
- Structural design: Cero Motion - J uan J esús Aguirre.
At the heart of the Colonia Americana a five story project is designed inspired by the industrial buildings of the inter-war period. The main façade has an orthodox abstract rhythm of void and filled spaces that do not follow any structural order.
In the interior, a private courtyard organizes the building’s connecting parts, this space, protected by high walls contains a waiting area and is shaded by a preexisting large tree. A concrete tower has the elevator and the stair ramps complete the composition of the north elevation running along the full corridors length generating different rest areas that function as lookout points.
The apartments are modular and, at their simplest form, begin from a 60 square meter studio. The units can be mixed up either horizontal or vertically.